I could not follow this file from the beginning on I am too busy at the moment.
The last mail Devon sent us says exactly what I wanted to remark. When is a
work an art work, who determine this? There is a saying in Germany "art comes
into being in ones head“. Buy we things because they are shown, for example on
an art show, or because we like it and have the feeling we couldn’t live any
longer without this piece?
What belong our works when could we declare them as art? I will never say that
my lace creations are art although those people who bought lace objects from me
said so.
Devon is right to point out that art pieces aren’t paid for the time needed to
make them but for the „look which keep our attention and admiration.
The price I paid for the few lace pieces I bought were the price worth  because
I want them. That makes the discussion about prices and used time so difficult.
What happened on the art market has nothing to do with art but a lot with money
and profit.
In my opinion let’s do our craft as good as possible and interest people young
and not so young always we have the possibility to do so. And think we will
never be able to get the interest of everybody.
I am going back to my bobbin winder now.

Ilske