Arachne Lace is usually quiet at this time of year, but thankfully we had lots
of digests in the last week, even if it was mainly about the survey.  I tried
to generate a digest before the IOLI convention by sending a long chatty post,
but unfortunately I received that digest on Thursday, after the Arachne lunch
on the Monday.  I hope I did not offend anyone with my long post.  Lace Chat
seems to have died as I can't remember the last time I got a reflected
message on Chat.  Maybe I have been kicked off and it is going strong. Let me
know if that is the case.
Anyway, the talk about lace design got me thinking about what will happen to
all my original lace designs I have made for conventions and lace magazines.
 At present most are stored in an archival box or are hanging around the
house.  The latest winner at IOLI is hanging on my family room wall.  Not
too many are on show as we downsized and have less wall space.  I wonder what
my kids will do with my stuff once I "pop my clogs" as I used to say in
England.  Is there an outlet to sell my lace pieces somewhere?  I still like
to buy books, bobbins and thread, so if there is a way of financing my
splurges, it would be nice to find it.  Next question is how much would I ask
for an original lace piece?  I have no idea how to go about it.  Do any
other lace designers have outlets for their pieces?  I am not savvy enough to
build a website to sell online.
Any ideas for this new topic while I am still young enough to deal with
it?Janice Janice Blair Murrieta, CA, www.jblace.com