I was taught at an early age to communicate truthfully, though I did know
when adults were not being truthful to me.  Also, that (without a  college
degree or even having taken any college courses) I was  recruited by The New
York Times to work on school newspapers in the early  1960s.  I received
excellent counseling then from a wise boss - to read at  least 3 different
newspapers with different agendas each day for a more  realistic and
comprehensive overall view of the news (those were the  days of the
Kennedy/Johnson
presidential administrations and the war in  Vietnam), and to try to not slant
the *news* - just state the  verifiable facts.

Ordinarily, I would not ask this, but feel I should request that  someone
who received my memo yesterday comment on it (attaching the content of  that
memo) so that the people who do not receive mail from AOL (my carrier  for
e-mail) will know what was reported.

Hopefully, you all share with lacemakers you know who  do not subscribe to
Arachne.   Lacemakers are usually wise people with  understanding of how
something can go terribly wrong with lace you are  making, or with
relationships between people.  You will understand  the international lace
community
(and that includes Arachne members)  needs to stop scuffles between volunteers
working on behalf of  various lace organizations.  Now.

In lace friendship to you all,

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource  Center