Hello All!  I've posted a pic of my finished egg on Flickr.  Not perfect but I
am thrilled & so glad it didn't come apart when I took out the pins.  Also
figured out why I was attracted to the design--it reminds me of patterns in
Sashiko & Temari.  Those radiating lines create a swirling effect.  Since my
egg doesn't look quite like the sample pictured in the book, I've undoubtedly
used the wrong combination of stitches.  If anyone knows Annelies Kirst, it
would be great to understand what she had in mind or whether she was
encouraging "lace maker's choice"!  On to the next project...  Sincerely, Susan
Hottle USA