Dear Susan,     Maybe this needs clarification?

Every time I refer to the University of Arizona files on Arachne (several
times each year), **I give the address Sue gave in her  posting.**  It was
my antique books that were the first to be scanned  by Tess for the use of
our Arachne international community of  lacemakers - that means everyone
reading this.  Once Lace entries  were  launched, many Arachne members
contributed to it, including  some generous current authors.  Lacemakers of
Maine
learned about  this resource decades ago from a Maine weaver - weaving being
included  in the address:

http://www.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/lace.html

Let us not jump to conclusions from information given on other  sites.  We
have our own history and are focused on lace.  Arachne  was the first site
of its kind that lacemakers could use, and members have  had a commitment to
sharing - without cost (though lacemakers in some  countries may be paying
to download) and without advertising.  How  much longer Arachne can be
relevant, given many changes to the internet, is a  serious question.  But, for
now, this is where you get whatever has been  made available during the past
20 years.

At some point in our history, the Arachne files were changed and early
postings have been lost.  But, whenever you have questions you have the  option
of searching by subject at:

http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/index.html

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 9/10/2016 3:50:01 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,