Hi everybody,

A year has passed since the last open house even in Arad. All the artists
and crafts people opened their houses again for three days. I am the only
lace maker but the attendance was rather poor. I got the feeling that
people just thought that since they have seen it last year there won't be
anything new. Their mistake and their loss.

But those who did make the effort to come were wonderful people who showed
a lot of interest and decided that what I am making is super human,
especially since I use fine threads and they couldn't imagine how I see
anything. As usual the famous question popped up as if making lace spoils
the eye sight and how am I able to see what I am doing.

I guess that part of the low attendance was due to the wonderful weather we
had and many were on vacation because of the Holy Days and just were out of
town enjoying trips in the fresh air.

I enjoyed it and I guess that next year I will take a break.

Miriam
In Arad Israel
where we feel autumn arriving/