I just completed a bookworm and bead bookmark to gift to an 11 year old
boy.  i have been gifting him a bookmark and eBooks for several events a
year in the hopes he will become a reader rather than always playing on the
computer or his Fire.  I am easing back into bobbin lace after several
years of watching the covers on my pillows collect dust.  it is fun to find
bobbins again i have not used in a very long time.  Stormy (my original
mentor for bobbin lacing - and what a fantastic foundation she gifted me in
2000) gave me two new bobbins (see Jenny's web pages) so i am looking to
set something up for when my new outside "great room" is set up for
enjoying lacing in the outdoors while in the desert and having sort of
spring/fall type weather all winter (we don't have but a couple of weeks of
spring and fall each year if we are lucky).

i want to wish everyone a happy holiday season and many blessings for the
New Year.

as an aside, if you subscribe to NetFlix, they have a "movie" that is
called "Fireplace and Melodies for the Holiday Season".  it runs for two
hours.  i have a 24" television i use as a monitor and in full screen, it
is like having a fireplace in my small environment.  there are no lyrics so
it is a nice "background" to visiting.  also Amazon sells the 2011 video
for $3.99 USD and offers a couple of others.  i prefer this one having
tried the rest.  this one is soothing to me.

Enjoy your holidays.

Hugs, Lin and the Mali