I was careful to word my challenge to the seller around the issue of
provenance.  I am clearly glad that I did as they could have been used by the
Indians.

These bobbins were made around 1830 with one possibly made much later ( I will
need to study it carefully.)  How do these dates  match up with the mission
activity ... but as yet I have not read the articles linked in your helpful