Anna writes: “That is why I mentioned that lace is in the historic period
and you
would be better to date the lace using type, style and thread composition.”

If we thought that it were possible to use type, style and thread composition
to date lace within a 500 year period, we wouldn’t be trying to date it
using scientific methods. Those darned Victorians did a really good job of
copying things.

I am not a scientist, but Laurie is a nuclear physicist. She has written a
paper about the testing results which are more subtle than you might think.
Perhaps she doesn’t want to divulge all the details until it is published.
But I am very excited.

Devon