Interesting that nowhere do I see the simplest form of lacemaking stand.  It is
a simple adjustable column (raises or lowers to any convenient height), is
steadied by a flat area for one's feet, and supports one edge of the flat
pillow while the opposite edge rests on one's lap.  With the column compressed,
it measures about 18" high and depending on the size of the foot plate about 8"
wide.  Jeannet van Ord gave me one years ago, and it fits in my suitcase.  I
have used it for travel and classes, and around the house when space is
limited.  Several friends have copied it, thanks to their woodworking husbands,
and seem to find it as useful as I do.

Tess (tess1...@aol.com) in Maine USA, where spring is trying slowly to appear.