Your test here in Australia came through as with others, Jeri.  Punctuation
but no italics, or bold, or underline.

I would welcome a change to another email exchange base, as messages from
some members of Arachne get truncated as soon as they use an unusual
character like an apostrophe, and I have to go to our archive to read the
whole message.

I run a small email chat group, just for Australian lacemakers, through
Google Groups which is free, has no ads, does not generate any spam, and
allows the inclusion of formatted text but I don't believe it would be
possible to mass transfer 1,000 plus new members on to it.  And it does not
offer any support (being free), so there is no way I can enquire about this.

Noelene at The Angle
noel...@lafferty.com.au