Thanks Lorelei, I had never heard of Bruges crochet.  Goodness, I'm so glad I
asked the question as I learned another new thing!  Regarding the lace, the
owner thinks it is Romanian point lace.  I am doubtful.  The cording is unusual
& the lace itself is not constructed in the "tape lace" manner.  Romanian has
fillings.  This seems to be a series of individual motifs that are simply
connected to the undulating cord or to the other motifs directly.   In tape
lace, the cording, Battenburg or Branscombe tape etc. delineates the design &
that is not the case here.  The leaf components are highly similar to those
pictured on irishcrochettogether.com.  Scroll down to see the dress with
individual leaf components!   Anyway, it's a very lovely mystery.  Sincerely,
Susan Hottle USA
Sent from my iPad