I agree with Holly Van Sciver that the ultimate goal is to be able to look
at the lace and see what to do next. I'm getting better at doing that with
Bucks but I find that old-style Binche/Val/Mechlin is still really
difficult to do without such a pillow. However, the main thing I wanted to
add is that I like calling it a voodoo board--you stick pins in it, huh?
get it? oh well, _I_ think it's funny...

Nancy
normally from Connecticut USA, but wandering somewhere in Italy right now,
marveling at Etruscans