Devon

A few days ago you asked about Spanish lace makers and what they were doing.
There had been a large group on google with many Spanish lace makers
participating. A huge number of photos were posted. Unfortunately google
decided to cancel their "groups" feature, I think because facebook was
taking all the traffic. The photos may still be there, but under the names
of the participating members, instead of a group. I was actively using that
group to keep track of what Spanish lace makers were doing. And I am very
frustrated that the group no longer exists.

What I remember is that they were doing torchon mostly (not surprising), but
also a lot of Cluny type laces (including continental guipure = Cluny with
floral or naturalistic designs) and tape laces of various kinds. Some which
were a lot like the Italian, but also some Milanese, Russian, Idrija, and of
course Hinojosa. There was some Bruges, but more Duchesse (still a small
number, but more than we find on laceioli. Point ground was rare. What
surprised me was a fair amount of embroidered tulle, both needle run and
tambour. They seem to be doing more of that than any other group of
lacemakers in the world. They also do a lot of drawn thread embroidery
(threads removed in one direction and needle weaving and other
embellishments).

The internet is wonderful, but when stuff is GONE, it is REALLY GONE.

Lorelei