Thanks, Jeri.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Jeri Ames
Sent: Monday, October 9, 2017 12:33 PM
To: ann.humphr...@talktalk.net; lace@arachne.com
Subject: Quaker samplers from Ackworth, Doing Research at Museum Sites

Thank you, Ann.  I had asked for someone to respond to my memo dated October
4th, as many do not know I've written to Arachne unless someone using another
Internet Service Provider writes an acknowledgement and some additional
information.

You can also check the sampler collection at the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford,
though it is probably in storage most of the time.  At the following address
you will see a needle lace sampler from the Feller Collection:

http://www.hali.com/news/feller-collection-endowed-ashmolean/

And at the following you can find a way to make a contact there who can
probably lead you to the database for all samplers (or laces) at The
Ashmolean.  For those who like something quite rare, this museum has a
collection of Egyptian samplers and embroideries, which might inspire unique
lace designs:

http://www.ashmolean.org/collections-online

Devon, You have shared with us The Metropolitan's huge effort to put their
entire collection up where people can see whatever they wish via their
personal computers.  Please note what will be launched November 1, 2017, at
The Ashmolean.

Those who rarely do research:  As I cut back on correspondence to Arachne,
because many are not receiving my mails, I am trying to teach-by-example how
to do research on subjects that may be of special interest to just a few
Arachne subscribers.

I hope all of you will understand how to go about finding useful information.
 Look at the addresses provided above, and then you can adapt to a search of
the world's museums and collections to find out about what might be nearer to
your interest and location.

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message from Ann in the UK dated 10/9/2017 8:57:18 AM Eastern Standard
Time:
I am interested in samplers and did not know about the samplers connection at
Ackworth Quaker school.
Thank you for this information as I live quite near.