Dear Ann,

Since you have written from the UK: There are very clear instructions in the
2002 38-page "Magic Threads" booklet by Christine Springett (UK).  It has
wonderful photos/illustrations and can be very helpful for people who have to
join lengths of lace.  Perhaps one of your usual suppliers can provide it, or
you can write to the Springetts.  (Please give them my personal regards, if
you order directly.)

Or, you might find the instructions by searching Magic Threads at:
http://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/index.html

There are 130 messages in the file, but you can move through them quickly by
just looking for those by Ilske.

You may have to look further, but what you remember may be at
https://www.mail-archive.com/lace@arachne.com/msg19856.html

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center

In a message dated 10/20/2017 7:37:47 AM Eastern Standard Time,