Hello fellow spiders,
I have been very busy recently reworking my lace garter for my future daughter
in law to wear in 2 weeks time.  The lace is complete, the elastic and ribbon
threaded through and I have her leg measurements and I have just cut the
elastic to get ready to sew together.  Happy so far.  I stretched the garter
to its full size and then released it to gather again and find the ribbon ends
up with big loops sticking up from some of the spots around the length.   My
question is how does every one deal with this, the loops are wider apart to
allow better threading (which was one failing from my original one) and even
that had lumps sticking out in various places.  The only thing I can think of
is cutting the ribbon a little shorter and allowing the bride to tie a bow
with the ends once she has it on her leg.  Is this the way it should be done?
Am now short of time to complete and get this handed over.
Many thanks in advance.
Sue T
Dorset UK