Dear Devon,

I expect you'll get lots of answers to this question.

Just to say I have successfully made Cattern cakes from the recipe in the book "Cattern Cakes and Lace. A Calendar of Feasts" by Julia Jones and Barbara Deer.

They were delicious and needed no yeast. My recipe used self raising flour, and produces a dough that you roll up, then slice to make the Catherine Wheel shaped biscuits.

I can type in the recipe if you haven't already got it. (I think the book is out of print).

Are you going to do the rest of the meal - boiled, stuffed rabbit and onions???!! Or the St Catherine's Eve Cathern Bowl??

Lovely idea to celebrate St Catherines Day.
Enjoy it,

Jane
from an autumnal New Forest, where the colours are wonderful