Thank you Beth for that very interesting link to the work by David Hopkin .

(Here it is again in short form: https://tinyurl.com/ycpxtoa3)

Looking into some of David's research, I came across some related work:

1) David Hopkin is also involved in another project on lace history:

By the poor, for the rich: Lace in Context

https://laceincontext.com/

2) Lacemakers and Old Songs, in Olney and Elsewhere, by Cowper and Newton

https://tinyurl.com/ybwtsz7a

(This article is available on ResearchGate which you can join for free.)

3) "Work the Old Lady out of the Ditch": Singing at Work by English
Lacemakers, by Gerald Porter

Journal of Folklore Research
Vol. 31, No. 1/3, Triple Issue: Ballad Redux (Jan. - Dec., 1994), pp. 35-55

http://www.jstor.org/stable/3814509

(This link requires a login.  If you attended any university or college (even
if you did not graduate), I recommend you ask your alma mater about free
access to online resources for alumni.  You probably are eligible to access
these resources.)

Kind regards,
Veronika Irvine

... in Waterloo, which is living up to its name today