What does it mean to work the old lady out of the ditch? I seem to recall that
it had something to do with working the worker through the edge. But is that
all? In Running River that would mean a catch pin, two linen, the edge stitch
and bac through the two linen.
Or does it mean work the entire little area of tulle ground until you can’t
go any farther.

They seemed to count things in units of 20 pins. Does anyone know how they
kept the pins for reference? Did they count them onto a pin cushion? If they
removed them in groups of twenty, that would seem to slow you down a bit since
you have to count them as you remove them.  In the tulle area you go through
twenty pretty fast.

Also, with the counting tells, it would seem that a systemic rhythm would be
difficult since the pattern determines how often you place a pin. In the tulle
area you would place them much faster than in the cloth stitch river area.

Also, do you think these children did it really fast, or really slow? I can
see adults could do it fast. (My wrists are hurting from the practice session
I just had.) But not so sure about children, especially ones who are
memorizing and reciting rhymes. I am going to have someone read them to me
while I work. No way can I recite a long rhyme and also do the pattern.

Devon

Sent from Mail for Windows 10