Hi Maureen,

Beyond the trivial answer (the difference is where they were made), I don't
know for sure. The Ipswich MA lace is point ground, but narrow and made of
black silk, which is unusual in the UK point ground I think.

Karen Thompson (or her book) would be the authoritative source to answer
your question, but I don't know if she's on Arachne. Maybe one of our
experts can help us out here -- e.g. Devon?

Best I can do. I have her book on order but it's not here yet.

Nancy
Connecticut, USA