> Am 12.12.2017 um 10:49 schrieb Alex Stillwell <alexstillw...@talktalk.net>:
>
> Thank you all for looking up possible dates for Bucks point. Your replies
are
> fascinating. All seem to indicate that the point ground laces developed the
> very end of the 18th and the beginning of the 19th century, i.e. when lace
> came back into fashion post French Revolution.

I found the remark, that “point de raccroc”, which to my knowledge is the
stitch to join point ground strips, was invented around 1780 by a worker of
Vaux sur Aure. (“Dentelle de Normandie / Normandy Lace” by Florence
Quinette).

The booklet “Tønder Kniplinger” by Meta Tønder gives 1800 - 1850 as
production date for danish point ground lace.

“A History of Hand-Made Lace” by M.F. Jackson claims that lace using fond
simple, was already made in Lille as early as 1582. I was a bit baffled, but
read for yourself:

https://books.google.de/books?id=ErINAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA176&lpg=PA176&dq=arras+lac
e&source=bl&ots=LZFPLIL-wb&sig=_s3pCNwNJkL4hjjOG8XtCoLXe2k&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0ah
UKEwi4lp2_oITYAhUIL1AKHS1hA5MQ6AEIYDAM#v=onepage&q=arras%20lace&f=false
<https://books.google.de/books?id=ErINAwAAQBAJ&pg=PA176&lpg=PA176&dq=arras+la
ce&source=bl&ots=LZFPLIL-wb&sig=_s3pCNwNJkL4hjjOG8XtCoLXe2k&hl=de&sa=X&ved=0a
hUKEwi4lp2_oITYAhUIL1AKHS1hA5MQ6AEIYDAM#v=onepage&q=arras lace&f=false>

or: https://tinyurl.com/ybj6ezgj <https://tinyurl.com/ybj6ezgj>

Gabriele