Good afternoon

Regarding the subject of marking bobbins o keep track of specific bobbins.
I also found that the elastic bands marked the bobbins if they were on for a
few weeks, and this included a couple of painted bobbins I have.    I now
cut straws into about 1inch(2.5 cms)  lengths and then slit the piece of
straw along the length of it and slide it over the shank of the bobbin.
Works on continental and Midlands bobbins.   Also if I have a particularly
troublesome thread such as silk or metallic threads I also slip the straw
over the thread which will then stop the hitch knot coming of.  Not my idea
but was suggested to me.

Maureen
E Yorks UK
Where it is cold but no snow.