Good afternoon lacers,

I believe even the sewing machine needles are one directional while threading.
Else why would they have a flat side to put again the post.
My mother taught me early on to find the right side of the needle to thread
into, and to thread the cut end of the thread into the needle first.

My only change to that is, the spinning methods of the thread companies
nowadays make it unnecessary to worry about which end you are threading through
the needle.
I do agree with the ways to sit the spool on the spindle to sew. But therein is
another topic for a sewing machine blog.

Susie Johnson,
Illinois