Catherine

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this history of the rebirth of Needle Lace
and it is so sad that the Needle Lace Guild is disbanding just as I am enjoying
learning needle lace.  If I wasn't working full time with no sign of retirement
I might have been tempted to wade in with the offer of my services.

I love your work and although I am a bit of a purist and have always enjoyed
looking at white lace/embroidery I have recently been in discussion with a
friend who has done the same Cabinet of Curiosities course that I have done.
Her work is full of colour and she has pointed me towards Ros Hills book
'Colour and Texture in Needlelace'.  This book and Simona's needlelace has
totally inspired me to be more adventurous in needlelace, something I feel I
need to do in order to complete my casket.

All (well most) of the original needle lace teachers seem to have disappeared
or retired and it is difficult to find anyone local.  I have tried to encourage
people to become as enthusiastic as myself in order to create a self help group
but it is hard work.  My local embroiderers guild branch  asked me to show them
lace at one of our taster evenings which was hectic and then I was asked to do
a Young embroiderers workshop to show them how to make needle lace which I
still have nightmares about <grin> I am definitely not teacher material!

Jane