Dear spiders,

I admit that the "Gentle Reminder" message is rather terse. That's my
personal writing style (I'm a writer/engineer), but I know that it can
rub some people the wrong way. It certainly was not my intent to make
anyone feel unwelcome.

I have a pretty good memory, but not good enough to track the
names/emails of those who do and don't trim, unless someone is really
oblivious. I occasionally threaten to put a 'repeat offender' on
digest mode for a week, although I've never had to do so.

Below is the new "Gentle Reminder." I hope people find it more accessible.

Regards,
Avital
Arachne moderator

Dear spider,

Please remember to trim your post when quoting previous messages. This
makes things easier on the digest subscribers and reduces clutter in
the archives.

If you normally trim your posts and you forgot this time, have a nice day!

Thanks,

Avital
Arachne moderator