As usual, I sent a lot of gmail users bcc's this morning in connection with
the wonderful weaving story from The New York Times.  The main message,
addressed to lace@arachne.com , failed to be delivered.  Sent the rejection
notice to Avital.  Am sure she is as frustrated as I am.

Only the people who are on my bcc list got the message, and only Nancy
responded to me.  Therefore, I asked her (as a personal favor) to please
forward my memo from her e-mail address to you all.

Somehow, not all of The Times address got picked up for you.  Others have
since chimed in, and I am happy you have had the opportunity to see the gold
silk shirt that is 1,000 years old and estimated to sell at Sotheby's London
for $700,000.  It is delicious.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/04/12/style/thousand-year-old-shirt-
sothebys.html

This is a test to see if tonight's memo from my AOL account gets through to
Arachne subscribers almost 12 hours later.  Not being sent again to my
private list who got bcc's this morning.

It is possible the server for Arachne was not in service this morning, due to
a power outage or some other reason.  That has happened before.   Members
have been discussing our long history today.  Liz has been very generous in
providing a server to us.  Perhaps we should consider how we can update
dinosaur-era computer programming ?  Do we have a volunteer programmer and
someone with a server to share that we could transition to, and could our
existing files be kept intact ?

Jeri Ames in Maine USA
Lace and Embroidery Resource Center