Hello All!  A new friend that I met in Les Carroz was very kind & sold me her
extra copy of The Technique of Rosaline Lace by Chieko Miyawaki so I wanted to
share some information about this book.  It is written in Japanese but there is
a CD included that has a 26 page English translation as a pdf.  While I would
say that the translator is not a lacemaker, the translation so far has proved
to be adequate.  There are lots of good diagrams & many elegant patterns. So
far, I've only had time to work with the fish & rose instructions & note that
there are some differences in technique compared to Judith Cordell, Geelen &
Moors.  I felt the instructions & diagrams for the "multiple fish" motif were
helpful when I re-worked the Cordell leaf spray.  My finished piece is now
posted to Flickr & when compared to the leaf sprays on my "strawberry", I see
some improvement.  There are still some bare spots but the leaf doesn't look as
moth eaten as my previous effort.  Progress!  I do wa!
 nt to mention that Miyawaki advocates dropping two pairs at the bottom of each
fish, then sewing in the sixth pair after completing the shared pinholes
between fish.  She also uses pins between the petals of the rose motif.  This
makes the rose more pentagon shaped rather than 5 rounded petals.  Be sure to
read thru to the end of the translation--some of the patterns are intended to
be enlarged.  She uses 120/2 thread.  Hope this is helpful if you are
interested in owning the book.  I believe my friend purchased the book from a
supplier in Australia.  Perhaps the AU Arachne team will confirm?  Have fun.
Sincerely, Susan Hottle USA