I wrote to Susan Hottle in answer to her question about Corbett's pattern.
She asked me to post the answer to arachne as well, so here it is (minus the
diagrams).

Susan

Your are right. The pattern and the diagram do not match. And it isn't just
a matter of how many pinholes. The connection in one movement and the
connection in 2 movements have a different pinning array of the side which
lies between the close work and the ground.

In FLANDERS CORNER the blue boxes identify where a connection in one
movement should occur. The orange box shows the array when a connection in 2
movements should be made. However, if you look at IMG 117 you will see that
every single pinning array, on all 4 sides has the connection in 1 movement.
Nowhere is there the correct pinning array for the connection in 2
movements.  OOPS

So I would say, just do the normal connection in 1 movement, and put in
extra turning stitches at the corner, or remove some, to make the corner
looking good.

Corbett isn't the only author who has made mistakes. Pam Nottingham also has
diagrams that don't match her photos. I suppose we should be grateful that
they are writing books and giving us instructions and patterns. Without them
we would be in a worse case. I still think Corbett's book is pretty good.
But if I try one of her patterns I will carefully check the pricking against
the diagram before I start.

Lorelei

Susan

I forgot to mention that on the diagram I put colored rings around turning
stitches or fudge stitches. Put them in wherever you need to, to keep the
weaver in the cloth area more level and straight. I think if you undo just
the last row or2 you could manage with turning stitches. I assume you know
various ways to do turning stitches. Or skip an outer edge pin if that is
what is needed.

I would start with a scan of the pattern at high resolution, so you can get
a printout of just the corner area. Draw in all the directional lines for
the weaver and ground connections. Work it out on paper first. I do that
when I get stuck.

The red rings are places where the weaver doesn't go all the way to the ring
pair. The green rings are turning stitches midway through the cloth work.

Lorelei Halley