From: owner-l...@arachne.com <owner-l...@arachne.com> on behalf of Adele Shaak
<ash...@shaw.ca>
Sent: Saturday, February 16, 2019 9:15 AM
To: Arachne list
Subject: Re: [lace] Bobbin question

I think we need a woodworker to chime in here, but I believe that bobbins
that
are not professionally made may also be rough because of the type of wood
used. A coarse-grained splintery softwood is never going to give you the
finish of a dense hardwood. Or so I understand.

Adele
West Vancouver, BC
(west coast of Canada, home of the splintery softwood

> Sue wrote:

> I felt that most of these bobbins were hand made and often a bit rough and
ready so not necessarily a style but maybe as a result of inexperience and
not
made by a skilled craftsman perhaps.