Clare—Thank you for posting your project & the “mystery” stitch. Looks like the
mystery is solved—it’s a well known stitch under other names! When I was in
EGA, it was called Woven Wheel & when I attended Crazy Quilt events, it was
called Woven Spider Rose, especially when worked with silk ribbon. I agree with
Jeri, it’s confusing so I’m glad you posted the photo—a picture being worth a
thousand words! In any case, your pendant is charming & the needlelace filling
is effective. Congrats on a sweet finish. Sincerely, Susan Hottle FL USA

Sent from my iPad