Woven spiders web is an embroidery term where a single thread is either woven under and over all the way around, or alternatively goes forward under two bars then doubles back to go back over the one it just came under and the next one ie two bars forward, one back back all the time, with all the stitches going in the same direction. This gives ridges on the side where you are doubling back. This is an embroidery term as distinct from a lace making term.

Clare was asking about bobbin lace kopeks/whirlpool fillings (Bridget Cook's description). The bobbin lace kopeks are worked with sewn weaving at every bar using two threads at a time, (so both sides look the same) and allowing the attractive coloured rings or wedges. Yes, kopeks can be made in two colours creating stripes and patterns. Superficially similar, they are worked in a completely different way.

Kopek is what they are called in Russian lace which is where they are used the most.

Many stitches have different names, one of the most basic being cloth stitch and whole stitch. None of them is wrong, just different depending on where you are learning or what book you use.

I don’t agree that it is a CORRECTION = changing the heading to Woven spiders Web is a not a correction, it is just another name for it and a different method. And we know very well that the same thing is called by various names in different places. None of them is wrong or needs to be corrected in my opinion.

Malvary in Ottawa where we have a bright sunny day, albeit cold at the moment. It was up to +3c yesterday, but -7c this morning.