Well we all now know that once these images are out on the internet we cant
retrieve them but I am so pleased that it also inspired you as her work and
help inspired me.   Normally my brain and my life and lace is worked
symmetrical but this is almost the only time it saw this different angle, so I
am pleased with it and I might just bring the pattern out again and make it up
for my two very special sisters, so this piece keeps giving and giving.   I
must choose a different colour and make a small change I think.
To be honest I have struggled around Christmas for the last three years for
various reasons so haven’t taken part in the exchanges and dont actually
remember if I saw this before or not.  Grief and age taking their toll a
little so I am pleased I have now looked and been reinspired, but I hope that
if you use this again you will give me credit for the original design.
Sue T
Dorset UK

Dear Sue,
I do hope that you claimed credit when you saw it back in 2017 the first time,
because I definitely believe in giving credit where credit is due. I am pretty
sure, in fact, that I did learn it was your design and that I wrote to you
then. In any event, I love the design and have made some other variations on
it since. At my library we have a photocopier that allows us not only to
enlarge or shrink, but even to manipulate the x-axis and the y-axis
separately, so I have made a few of the same in "long and skinny" (110% taller
than original but only 90% wide) and am planning on making some short and
stout (110% wider than original and 90% of original height)!
One of the biggest drawbacks of Pinterest is that you usually can never find
the source :-(

Happy lacing,
Sally Jenkins

Arachne 2017 Christmas Card
exchange, made by Sally Jenkins in the USA for Sue Duckles in the UK, taken
from Pinterest is a design created by me in approx 2009 when I first began
using some of the lace software.  I suppose I must be flattered that someone
liked it enough to show it on
Pinterest and again that Sally liked enough to make it for Sue.  It is
strange
how our own designs can jump off a screen when you see them.
Sue T
Dorset UK