Just to let you know that even though this project is quite new a few
exciting things have happened in the last few days.

A bobbin dated 1662 (possibly England's oldest dated bobbin)  few new
inscriptions recorded of special interest, besides my previous reporting of
Queen Victoria, a Lady Horse Rider and Jousting match.

All this is very exciting, but the thing is that all these finds were in
"Plain Sight", all it took to find them was a special interest and kind
request for owners to look at their decorated Honiton/Downton lace bobbins.

In general I do not have enough bobbins to study and if you could contribute
to this Project I would love to have a simple but sharp, picture of your
decorated Honiton Downton bobbin. And a list of the inscriptions you may
have on them.

The pictures do not need special skill, just line up about 6 bobbins with a
little space between them for each picture you send me.  I would just love
that.

I am bursting with excitement. please do not let me deflate!! Smile   I am
sure we will all be amazed ay what will turn up, In plain sight" within your
collection.

Brian

  _____

.