I get my arachne messages in the digest form, so have only just received last weeks emails.

Isn't arachne wonderful! So many diverse people with different expertise happy to share their knowledge.

Elise in Maine, I think I must print out your email and I'm sure you won't mind if I share it with other lace makers. I'm so pleased to receive advice from someone who really knows what they are talking about!! And I take on board your messages. Basically to stock up on hand sanitiser, don't bother with gloves, both of which I am happy about. Whether students will be prepared to wear face masks all day remains to be seen, but certainly we will be social distancing.

Jane also has a good point about limiting contact with a students pillow. On the whole, it shouldn't be necessary.... I will have to keep my 'itchy fingers' under control. As a teacher it can be so frustrating seeing a student struggle, knowing I can sort things out quite easily.

Thank you everyone. This has been a most helpful discussion.
Best wishes,
Jane
In a windy New Forest