Here in Adelaide we call the 's Gravenmoerse half stitch  -  half stitch with attitude.  :-)

Once you've done a half dozen half stitch blocks you might be able to understand the geometry of the stitch  -  so different but so beautiful when once you get the hang of it.

Cheers,
Shirley T.  -  Adelaide, South Australia with hot weather getting closer.
Similarly, 's Gravenmoerse is so similar to torchon that many experienced
lacemakers have more trouble than beginners with the parts that differ,
especially the unique half stitch.  As with Skansk, our hands are so confident
that half stitch is always a particular way that they can be very confused and
clumsy when they come to an exception.

Robin P
Los Angeles, California, USA