https://www2.cs.arizona.edu/patterns/weaving/books/ba_3_2001.pdf

-
Arizona also has this Brown book archived. Re the Nottingham lace industry
(Machine lace)

Quite startling in places but reflects the position of women and children at
that time.

Thank you for sharing with me quite a good search session this morning! smile.
But I must stop as I have to edit an article about
Alan Coles investigation into the lace industry of Devon 1888.
As I lived in the middle of that area in  the 1950s I have personalised it with
my (non lace) memories
I will put it up on Arizona webdocs but it will take a couple of weeks before
it goes up. Not very exciting,
but a bit different for me ...in style and substance.

-
Brian. (Who lives in Awabakal Country)
Cooranbong. Australia