Hello All! Gee, it’s been ages since I’ve “talked” with Arachne. Our
list is often quiet but I follow every comment. Brian—thank you for creating
such a wonderful bobbin resource! Enjoy your well-deserved retirement.
Undoubtedly archery will suit you well—aim high! Coincidentally, I’m on
the hunt for bobbins similar to ones I bought in Ohio many years ago. I posted
a photo to Flickr—it’s the newest entry in the PhotoStream because I
couldn’t remember how to edit the order in my album. Egad! The bobbins in
question are on the left in the photo—approximately 5-7/8” long & suitable
for making a scarf. They resemble Danish bobbins but are larger & hold LOTS
more thread. If anyone can shed light on where I can get them, please let me
know. (Apparently the bobbin turner has retired.) There’s an interesting
scarf pattern by Anne-Marie Verbeke hanging in the balance! It’s been a busy
year for me & I was lucky to take classes with Kumiko, Lieve Pollet & Annick
Wils. As usual, lots of mistakes but I detect a bit of improvement. Sue B,
thanks for posting pics of your “Lace Dress” components. I’m looking
forward to seeing the completed project. Hope every Arachnid is well & making
the world a better place by making beautiful lace! Sincerely, Susan Hottle, in
South Florida & no damage from Hurricane Ian