------ Original Message ------
From: "catherinebarley" <catherinebar...@btinternet.com>
To: "Arachne Lace" <l...@arachnelace.com>
Sent: Monday, 12 Jun, 2023 At 12:25
Subject: Fwd: Robin How silver bobbins?

I'm wondering if any of you have any of the Robin How silver bobbins
from way back  and have any idea how much we paid for them, as I've just
unearthed seven of them and wondering what to do with them, along with
quite a number of bobbin lace and needelace books long out of print.

I have never cleaned the silver bobbins and had forgotten I had them
until I discovered them yesterday morning, and they really are very
dirty, but not sure about the smaller beads between the silver ones on
the spangles and whether or not to dip them into the Goddards silver
solution that I used to use to clean cutlery?  The Mother and Babe one
would have to be cleaned in the silver dip as it would be impossible to
clean the tiny babe bobbin any other way! I've had no success yet with
the books either so any suggestions would be gratefully received.  See
description of bobbins below.
  Seven  solid silver lace bobbins bought years ago and which I had
forgotten all about!  They were made by Robin How, Bedfordshire and one
of them No 305 of 500 was designed by Luton Museum and made by a Peter
Phelan of Luton to commemorate the birth of a son to Princes Anne and
Captain Mark Phillips 1977. I have one also by Robin How limited edition
of 100 entitled Queen Victoria and a matching one, each No 068 of 100
entitled Queen Elizabeth I.  A Silver Jubilee one 1977 and a Mother &
Babe, Catherine of Aragon,  Queen Anne, Anne Boleyn (all No 068 so guess
they must have been a set of 6 Queens) and they all need a jolly good
clean but not sure if I should pop them in some silver dip or not as
some have beads on the bottom spangles which are not silver, but how
else would one clean them?  If any of you have  some of these and can
recall how much we paid for them or how too clean them, I'd love to hear
from you.

Catherine Barley Needlelace
www.catherinebarley.com

-