Jan Schreiber

> I know that ridiculously huge file is a bit of a problem

Are they?  grammar.xml files are not that big.

A text editor opens the biggest grammar.xml in a blink on
my 5 years old laptop.

To make it easier to navigate when editing, I define folds in Vim
with a modeline (see comment at bottom of rules/fr/grammar.xml
or rules/eo/grammar.xml). I'm pretty sure Emacs could do that too.
I find that automatic folding helps to have a global overview of the
large grammar file.

I removed all indentation as an experiment for de/grammar.xml
and the saving in size is negligible (2.7%).

Regards
-- Dominique