Daniel Naber <list2...@danielnaber.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know Marcin has warned about this several times but I only today noticed
> how slow spell check suggestions really are. Checking a long German blog
> entry takes 100 seconds. Without suggestions it takes 6 seconds. 100
> seconds seems not acceptable, so I suggest we keep the spell checking but
> disable the suggestions. In the next version we can then have an
> alternative rule that does spell checking with suggestions (introducing
> that now would mean new strings that need translation). Any thoughts?
>
> Regards
>  Daniel

I'm fine with this if that.
Will this be made configurable in command line mode?
3 possible modes:

(1) no hunspell  (fastest) (we can already do that with -d HUNSPELL_RULE)
(2) hunspell without spelling suggestions
(3) hunspell with corrections (slowest)

On top of that, there is also the idea of using Hunspell
only on words with UNKNOWN POS tag which may work
fine for some languages.

Dominique
-- Dominique