On 08.11.2012, 21:03:39 gulp21 wrote:

> During the last days I was working on a LanguageTool extension for
> Mozilla Firefox. As I think that it is working quite good now, I want it
> to be tested.

What will probably confuse users sooner or later is the way LT handles
spell checking. For languages with a variant: if we get a language code
with variant ("en-US"), spellchecking is activated, for languages without
their variant ("en") it's disabled. Now the thing is that, I think, the
language detection will never return a variant, simply because most
variants are so similar.

Maybe the extension could load https://www.languagetool.org:8081/Languages
and suggest variants? Or am I missing something and there's no problem at
all?

Regards
 Daniel

--