Mauro Condarelli wrote:

> Currently I have multi-dictionary capability and I (slightly) modified
> MorfologikSpellerRule to accept without further action words having POS
> tags.

Hi Mauro

We need to be able to turn this on/off per language.
Is this the case?

What you describe will be useful in Breton at least, where the dictionary
for POS tag has some good words which are not in Hunspell.

In Esperanto, it will not work at all because the POS tagger is not
dictionary based. Some of the words which have a POS tag can
still be considered as a typo. It may seem strange but the Esperanto
Hunspell has many missing words: it's hard to list all valid words
in Esperanto because it's an agglutinative language. But because
the language is regular, instead of using a dictionary, the Esperanto
tagger can use an algorithm based on word endings: words ending
in *o are nouns, *oj are plural nouns, *a are adjectives, *e are
adverbs, etc.

In French, I will also turn it off, because the POS tag dictionary
and Hunspell are based on the same dictionary (http://www.dicollect.org),
but they have different tokenization. Tokenization for Hunspell for
example does not split on apostrophe so "l'haricot" is recognized
as typo. But for grammar checking, it is split on the apostrophe.
So ignoring typos for words that have POS will ignore valid typos
in French such as: L'haricot. There is nothing to gain with this
change anyway for French because the Hunspell dictionary is very
good.

Regards
Dominique