Hi,

I created a script
<https://github.com/jmartorell/LTlab/blob/master/dict/dictionary.sh> based
on instructions stated in our wiki Developing a tagger dictionary
<http://wiki.languagetool.org/developing-a-tagger-dictionary>.

I used to work fine but when I try to run it again:

$ ./dictionary.sh export
Error: Could not find or load main class
org.languagetool.dev.DictionaryExporter

I vaguely remember that dictionary tooling was moved elsewhere. So I
searched the list and found the classes in org.languagetool.tools package.
So I tried replacing the original dict_export
function to

function dict_export_new {
  java -cp
../languagetool/languagetool-tools/target/languagetool-tools-3.4-SNAPSHOT-jar-with-dependencies.jar
org.languagetool.tools.DictionaryExporter \
  -i
../languagetool/languagetool-language-modules/es/src/main/resources/org/languagetool/resource/es/spanish.dict
\
  --info
../languagetool/languagetool-language-modules/es/src/main/resources/org/languagetool/resource/es/
spanish.info \
  -o dictionary.dump
}

When I run this I get:

$ ./dictionary.sh export
Running Morfologik DictDecompile.main with these options: [--exit, false,
-i,
../languagetool/languagetool-language-modules/es/src/main/resources/org/languagetool/resource/es/spanish.dict,
-o, /tmp/DictionaryExporter_separator5715968456278753583.txt, --overwrite]
Exception in thread "main" java.util.regex.PatternSyntaxException: Dangling
meta character '*' near index 0
*
^
at java.util.regex.Pattern.error(Pattern.java:1955)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.sequence(Pattern.java:2123)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.expr(Pattern.java:1996)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1696)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.<init>(Pattern.java:1351)
at java.util.regex.Pattern.compile(Pattern.java:1028)
at java.lang.String.split(String.java:2380)
at java.lang.String.split(String.java:2422)
at
org.languagetool.tools.DictionaryExporter.outputSeparatorToTab(DictionaryExporter.java:99)
at
org.languagetool.tools.DictionaryExporter.build(DictionaryExporter.java:81)
at
org.languagetool.tools.DictionaryExporter.main(DictionaryExporter.java:58)

I was using '*' as a separator (probably a bad idea, as it seems) so it
looks like I am locked out.

I had a look to the code at DictionaryExporter and the code breaks at

String[] parts = line.split(separator);

I am stuck at this.

1) Can anyone help me to use the feature to dump the dictionary?

2) Is there any predictable and repeatable way to script this actions?
Every time we release a new version I have to recreate the links.
languagetool.jar
is stable but files and jars with version require discovery every release.

3) Could the people who made the changes update the Wiki so it reflects the
current status and usage?