Hello everyone

First of all I'm sorry for imy poor english.
I've a Dell Latitude D820 with NVIDIA NVS 110 (should be like Geforce go
7400) with 512 mb ram.
I've tryied several times to install Ubuntu on this laptop. Almost
everything works good except videocard.
I've installed restricted drivers (should be nvidia-glx-new i think) and
it is recognized as nvidia card.
Problems comes when I set up compiz...Sistem becomes unstable.
1) when i open windows of every kind of program, from Mozilla till
Evolution, before window appear i see a black box instead of it
2) Scrolling of pages is slow and not fluid (firefox)
3) inkscape is incredible slow
4) when i press disconnect, that effect of fade out has not a fluid
motion.

But most of all what makes me worry is that system is not stable at
all...
I dunno how to solve this probelm
Can someone help me on this?
I'd appreciate it alot

Thx
Valerio

p.s. if i've to past smt just let me know