Hi, im doing something like this:
tc qdisc add $DEV parent 1:110 handle 110: estimator 1sec 8sec \
        tbf rate 1Mbit burst ??? limit ???

I've been triying with diferent values for burst, limit and latency, but
we cant understand how to determine the correct values for them.

In "Short evaluation of linux token-bucket-filter queueing discipline"
by Kurt Wagner we learned that queue size=limit+bucket size, but we dont
know how to determine limit, burst and latency.

We found different formulas to determine the size of the bucket, the
latency and the limit, but they doesnt work for us, because we get
incoherent values.

We have another question, what is the normal values for dropped and
overlimit?.
We have:
qdisc tbf 110: dev eth1 rate 1Mbit burst 20Kb/8 mpu 0b [0001f400] limit
40Kb lat 190.7ms
 Sent 17542230 bytes 11591 pkts (dropped 36, overlimits 35216)

is this normal?.

Thanks.

Alex Leyva
Gobierno del Distrito Federal
Oficialia Mayor
Comite Ejecutivo de Desarrollo Informatico
Direccion de Nuevas Tecnologias