On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 02:24:54PM +0300, Catalin BOIE wrote:
> On Tue, 14 May 2002, Martin Devera wrote:
> But you loose counters! This is bad IMHO.

If you know when you're dropping it, the counter loss is not relevant;
resetting to zero is easy to compensate for, and rrdtool (for example)
has built-in support for it.

As per the rrdtool developper's recommendations, I have the following
in front of my QoS reset script:
rrdtool update /var/rrd/qos_office.rrd N:U:U:U:U
rrdtool update /var/rrd/qos_office.rrd N:0:0:0:0

... done for each rrd file.
--
Michael T. Babcock
CTO, FibreSpeed Ltd.     (Hosting, Security, Consultation, Database, etc)