From: Herman Cremer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 15 May 2002 07:58
To: Martin Devera; Anton Yurchenko
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Fwd: Re: [LARTC] borrowing only from parent]

Question :
> > Has anyone ever managed to compile iproute2 from source,
> > running a 2.4.x kernel ?

I have also managed to solve it in another way..
Here is how ...

Solution 1:

Well I have managed to fix the compile error on a kernel 2.4.x

If we have a look at the file, /usr/src/linux/include/linux/if_ether.h
that you get from the different kernels, we notice a change.

On 2.2.x kernel...
#define ETH_P_ECHO      0x0200          /* Ethernet Echo packet         */

On 2.4.x kernel...
#define ETH_P_PUP       0x0200          /* Xerox PUP packet             */

Q: How to fix it ?
 In the directory /lib of the source from the iproute2 tarball,
   is a file called, 'll_proto.c'
 In the file, there is an entry   '__PF(ECHO,echo)' on line 36.

A: Remove this line, and try to compile it again.

Solution 2:

> Using SGL :)
>
> hvisage@meklon:~$ tar -zxf
> download/iproute2-2.4.7-now-ss020116-try.tar.gz
> hvisage@meklon:~$ cd iproute2/
> hvisage@meklon:~/iproute2$ sed -e "s/UTILS_H/IPROUTE2_UTILS_H/g"
> < include/utils.h > include/iproute2_utils.h
> hvisage@meklon:~/iproute2$ for i in `find . -type f | xargs grep
> utils.h|grep :|cut -f 1 -d :`; do sed -e
> 's/"utils.h"/"iproute2_utils.h"/' <$i > $i.new;mv $i.new $i;done
> hvisage@meklon:~/iproute2$ make
>
> QED ;^)
>
> The reason:
>  there are a /usr/include/utils.h that get's included before
> the iproute2/include/utils.h :(

----
To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe glug" in
the subject of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] If you have a
problem unsubscribing, please mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The information contained in this email is privileged and confidential, intended only
for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If the reader of this
email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
distribution or copying of this email is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this email in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete this
email. Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender unless the
sender specifically states
This mail was virus scanned by SurfControl.