IMHO :)

HZ defines the heart beat of the Linux system in terms of 'jiffies'.
Increasing HZ will increase the number of interrupts on the system (e.g.
timer interrupt) and hence might not be useful for typical desktops, since
handling these system interrupts will not leave much CPU time for
applications.

But for a server which usually does only one thing (e.g. enforcing QoS),
this increase in the interrupts should not be a problem.

I configure my servers with HZ=1024 regularly in include/net/pkt_sched.h
without any problems.

ciao,
Amit

--
I'm an angel!!! Honest!
The horns are just there to hold the halo up straight.