> "Soulfly" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> thus wrote:
>
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio bands 5 priomap 2 3 2 2 3 3 3
3 1
> > 1 1 1 2 2 2 2
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:1 handle 10: sfq perturb 10
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:2 handle 20: sfq perturb 10
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:3 handle 30: sfq perturb 10
> > tc qdisc add dev eth0 parent 1:4 handle 40: sfq perturb 10
> > tc filter add dev eth0 protocol ip parent 1: prio 10 u32 match ip
protocol
> > 0xXX 0xff flowid 1:1

I have a configuration which use 5 prio levels (2 above the standard
priolevels). I conerted it to 4 and forgot to alter the band parameter.. so
the correct line is..

tc qdisc add dev eth0 root handle 1: prio bands 4 priomap 2 3 2 2 3 3 3 3 1
1 1 1 2 2 2 2

> Hi there
> This is ver infornmative
> I've long wanted priority of some protocol over the other.
> Now my question is:
> Can i use this with htb?
>
> I want:
> o ip 172.16.0.5 bandwidth restriction of 32 kbps (htb ceil)
> o ip 172.16.0.49 bandwidth restriction of 64 kbps (htb ceil)
> o protocol 23 priority over protocol 80
>
> U see, I don't want to limit "protocol 80" to some bandwidth
> restriction so that "protocol 23" gets the rest available bandwidth
> I just want "proto 23" packets priority over "proto 80"
>
> In the above example u used the "prio" qdisc
> Can i use this with my htb as the roo qdisc and prio
> lower down in the class?

Yes, this should work out well. I suggest you add prio qdisc to the leafs in
your htb class-tree.

> Thanx

no problem